2.23.2006

Thoughts from the Throne-Room

I am a follower of Jesus, a Christian.

Not a religion, a relationship (much different). God loves me so much and desires a relationship with me. I, the imperfect human that I am, resisted that relationship with all the crap in my life. So ... things got so bad that God had to send his son Jesus: who lived, died, and rose from the dead so that my relationship with God could be restored. It is my positive response to this truth that restores my relationship with God.

The scriptures teach that Jesus is inside of me. That his spirit lives, breathes, and moves me. If I can fully embrace this, then I have gained access to the throneroom of God. Jesus himself sits at the right hand of the father (God). And if Jesus is in me, then that means I too get that kind of access.

Not because of me, but because of Jesus.

Tonight, as I prepare for bed - I'm trying to keep that mental picture in my mind. Me sitting in the throneroom next to God - because of Jesus. When I wake up tomorrow, I hope it changes me - and especially how I love and interact with people.

I will only be tempted to sin if I lose that mental picture. Me sitting next to God, in the throneroom. Behold, the Kingdom of God is at hand!

No comments:

Right now