10.04.2005

Day 1 // The Message of Freedom

Check out these words I found in Ephesians (Ch 1), describing the life of Jesus-followers: grace, peace, whole, holy, family, lavish gift-givers, free ... abundantly free, signed for, sealed, delivered, thankful, intelligent, discerning, personal, endless energy, boundless strength. I want that.

This Message that Jesus brought to earth -- it is freedom! For those who believe, "we're a free people - free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free either, Abundantly free!" Your plan is that we would have a glorious life. Forever.
It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone. (v10-11)
A prayer: God, help me speak this message clearly ... so often I make following You sound like 'a set of rules.' You didn't bring limitations or hopelessness, you brought freedom for us sinners! Let me echo Paul's prayer: First, THANK YOU! Second, give us the "endless energy and boundless strength" that comes only attached to a personal relationship with You!

jdb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jake, this is Ian here. I followed this link after I read your email, and I'm glad the Lord led me to it.

That was EXACTLY what I needed right now: I'm doing assignments for that Java class I mentioned that I'm struggling to comprehend: its times like these where we sometimes forget that we DO have access to a "boundless" power; and it's through Christ.

The institutions of man. The pettiness of this world. Worrying. Fretting: what will they really amount to in the end?

Thanks for being an objective man of God, open and willing: you're absolutely right that we didn't write the book on faith. I'll be coming here more often for some biblical discussions. Peace.

Right now