11.16.2005

Satan Attacks

Last week, I heard five different speakers cover satan's temptation of Jesus in the desert. Some might call this a coincidence, but God has a sovereign will and is in control in everything. Those messages were preparing me for what I would soon experience. Without going into too much detail, I'll tell you this: Satan didn't tempt, but he certainly attacked with full force.

A wise friend of mine tells me that trials and tribulations usually disguise themseleves as being about little stuff like money, occupation, health, or relationships. When, in reality, these tough times show up as a test of your faith. James wrote a sentence in the bible that agrees with my wise friend:
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (James 1:2-4)
I'm determined pass this test. Satan is a liar. He has manifested his presence in places I least expected, but nevertheless he is a liar. And God always wins. Always. David Crowder wrote a song about this ... he said "We've already WON, and you don't have a chance. The Battle is DONE, and you don't have a chance." Amen, Crowder. Amen, Jesus.

It's been a rough week. I'm encouraged by these words:
I am pressed, but not crushed
Persecuted, not abandoned
Struck down, but not destroyed
I am Blessed beyond this curse
for His promise will endure
And His joy's going to be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night,
His joy comes with the morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jacob thank you so much for the reminder that satan often attacks us in ways other than direct temptations. For about a week now, I have been believing a lie satan has been telling me where he says, "I have nothing to do with this... this is all you." You helped bring me back to spiritual reality. Love you buddy, you're awesome.

Right now