10.10.2006

Today- When I feel like I don't need Jesus, it's because I'm way too self-righteous. I trick myself into thinking that somehow I deserve all this ...

... that somehow I've earned this life.

The truth is, I need Jesus not because I am good but because I am very, very sick. Because He's seen my filth at the very core of my being and genuinely wants to spend time in my dirt.

He does this because He and I have no other choice - He, because I am His created child and He loves me unconditionally. And I, because there is this God-shaped hole in my heart that can only be filled by Him.

Thank God that He came to seek and save the lost (me).

2 comments:

JGanschow said...

beautiful.

rj said...

thanks for being honest about that man... I'm actually dealing with the exact same thing in some really big ways right now... love you bro.

Right now